- This event has passed.
Dye Secrets Spring 2018 STARTS at 10:30 am
July 22 @ 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
On your Mark, Get Set, Ready…
Introduction and Safety
- How safe are the dyes, what to worry (and not worry) about
- Safety equipment and how to keep your kitchen safe
- What you need and why: materials and essential dyeing equipment
- Preparing your fibers for dyeing: YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DYESWORK BETTER and I will show you how!
- Washing raw wool and mohair
- Getting the most disgusting grease out that you thought never possible
- Yarn, silk, sliver or anything processed (and the oil that must be re-moved)
- Why yarns and processed fibers have oil
- The truth about Alpaca and what to expect .
- The Smell of Ram/Buck and how to remove it using household items
- Getting mildew out (yes, wool absolutely can mildew)
- Moths, carpet beetles and the lot
- Lice, Scurf and matting
- TRADE SECRET REVEALED on how to make grease mohair use-able… GET THE MOST TACKY GREASE OUT!